Backyard Makeovers: Before + After
Cue the barbecues, cookouts and pool parties – summers in full swing! By now you’ve probably stepped out your back door in the evenings and smelled the hickory and charcoal going. When you make your plans to invite friends over for a meal, will your back yard be ready?!
For inspiration and ideas on getting your space fresh and up to date, check out these top 5 backyard makeovers (and don’t worry, we’re showing the patios some love, too!)
1. First off, I’m absolutely in love with this backyard makeover from Jen at City Farmhouse. Her style is timeless and the rustic sign on the side of the farmhouse shed is a total dream. It’s incredible how cozy and welcoming she made this backyard space, with the market lights being a perfect touch! If you’re as inspired by this design as I am, she even has links to most of the items used in the makeover at the bottom of the post. Check out more:
2. I’d be insane not to include this makeover from Sugar and Cloth – they teamed up with Home Depot to make an absolutely stunning backyard dining space. The unique way they utilized the vertical space near their fence with a leaning wooden ladder + gorgeous greenery is almost too perfect! Bonus, if you have a giant AC unit in your backyard, she’ll even show you how to disguise it seamlessly.
Via Sugar and Cloth https://sugarandcloth.com/before-after-of-my-backyard-with-home-depot/
3. If you’re thinking your backyard is too small for a green garden or that there’s no way you could make an impact to the little bit of space you have, think again. Rebekkah from Wild Ink Press took her barren side yard by a fence and created an inviting and beautiful garden space!
4. Decks can be a tough one to “makeover” since the space is really defined for you and you might not feel like you have a lot of creative freedom. However, Heather at Southern State of Mind totally made her deck a charming oasis! Pops of color plus relaxing neutrals and plenty of cushy pillows make me want to hang out with a glass of sweet tea all afternoon.
5. Finally, if your idea of the perfect summer night involves sitting around a campfire Lisa from Recaptured Charm has you covered. They took a spot of green grass and completely transformed it into a perfect circle stone patio complete with firepit in the middle – perfect for those roasted marshmallows and smores! They’ve even set you up with a step by step tutorial to get started
Hopefully these amazing makeovers are the spark you need to rethink your backyard space!
If you’re in the middle of a backyard reno, how’s it going?! Feel free to comment below and share, I’d love to see. I could spend forever looking through these and dreaming of breezy, summer nights!