Heads up friends – its national relaxation day! Yeah, that’s a thing! Who knew?!
Between juggling a full time job, this creative side hustle, family and friends, travel, church activities and community/volunteer obligations, plus the laundry list of home chores that never ends, I know how crazy things can get and just how needed that bubble bath is! So, I’m going to cut to the chase and share my own tried and true tips for when life gets crazy, so you can get straight to the relaxation.
- Guided Relaxation Meditation – Mindfulness is everywhere right now in the wellness scene, and for good reason. From increased energy, reduced stress and a more productive day, science has shown it to be a must in today’s fast-paced world. Find a quiet place where you won’t be bothered for about ten minutes (I know that’s way easier said than done!) and check out Headspace – you can use it as an app or on your computer – I love it!
- Splurge on the gift of massage – or, if that feels out of budget or like one more thing to add to your list, I personally and highly recommend this amazing back massager! From sitting and staring at a desk, to tension headaches and neck pain, I was in the market for something to help and the shiatsu feature on this massager is amazing! I’ve had mine for about a year now and use it a few times a week 🙂 (Literally, I just sat on my couch with it like two hours ago. My fave.)
- Take a bath! Beyond being one of the most basic ways of relaxing (and getting some uninterrupted time alone) science has shown that a hot bath burns the same amount of calories as a 30 minute walk! Do you really need any more incentive than that?!
- I know there’s a lot of buzz around essential oils and plenty of companies sharing them, but I feel like getting down to the basics and keeping it simple can never be a bad thing. For me, nothing beats the simplicity and stress relief of pure lavender oil. From adding a few drops to my bath to adding it to witch hazel and spraying it on our linens at night, it truly is one of the most relaxing aromatherapy scents.
- Create something! Whether its opening up the adult coloring book and breaking out the markers and colored pencils, knitting a simple scarf, or whipping up your favorite dessert – do what you love. Finding time for yourself is one of the most important parts of self-care and getting lost in your favorite activity can be super relaxing. Make time to do whatever makes you happy. Check out my DIY + Crafts Pinterest Board for tons of fun ideas!
///// I wanna know – what tried and true methods work for you when it comes time to relax?! Share in the comments below! \\\\\